Announcement

Posted on May 31, 2016 in Uncategorized

Hi. I’m really glad that I was able to run this Fansubs all by myself all this time (Yes, there were occasion where I got help from others such as Noragami Aragoto OAD episode 1 and One punch man OAD [Improved script which I never released] ). And there were also some occasions where I tried my utmost to create decent subs all by myself, of course I failed miserably. But hey, you never improve unless you try, right? So all in all in the process I now have a better understanding of Japanese and English too (Yes, I’m not a native English speaker). So, after all the failures I now think I can do some quality release and that is all the reason why I’m making this announcement. But, I don’t know how much more I can run this Fansubs all by myself. So, if anyone interested in joining me then please do so. Anyway lets cut to the chase, since this announcement is really important for the future of Harunatsu Fansubs.

As you can see the Site has gone through some changes, it’s not just the outside that has changed but the releases will too from now on. So, I here by announcement that Harunatsu Fansubs will no longer release 1080p, instead I’ll focus on releasing quality 720p release. So, I promise to release quality works ahead in future.

And I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all those who has and will support me. Thanks guys.

Liked it? Take a second to support Harunatsu on Patreon!

34 thoughts on “Announcement”

• Hey. Love your subs and looking to the future, But is there a specific reason that you won't release in 1080p? If it's anything I can do to help I will!

• Haru says:

First of all thanks. The reason I've decided this, is because the amount of time that is consumed while encoding and CPU usage, which is huge( I mean I've other stuffs to do in life too you know, so from that aspect it definitely is a huge lose of time for me.). And after that seeding problem comes. As you know I don't have a seed box which makes it difficult for me to seed 1080p as it is. And to add more, there are peoples who doesn't even seed back once they've downloaded the file, which makes it even more difficult for me to seed 15 GB once more and it's not just for one batch, for the rest too. So seeding 10 1080p batch of 15 GB per batch is seeding 150 GB and more. And to add even more 720p resolution script doesn't match properly on 1080p video files and to make it more worse the timing gets a little bit off too. And after that comes QCing, checking the final version. I usually have to QC two times, one time for the 720p version and another one is for 1080p version which make it even more time consuming for me and mainly because I'm the only one doing all the works. It really is unfortunately to say this but, I think the decision to not to release 1080p anymore, will definitely increase my release quality.

• Keep up the Great work and Hope you continue the great releases in the future. Are you still planing on Subbing the Triage X Ova I asked you about doing a couple months back. Nobody else has picked it up yet so please do it.

• Sam Kevin says:

please do consider still do the 1080P release, if you lack of man i'll try to help as much as i can. but dont get your hope to high because i dont have decent high upload speed

• Haru says:

It's true that I do need man power and if you are interested in joining me then I'll gladly welcome you. But, unfortunately, the decision to not to release 1080p anymore will stay.

• Sam Kevin says:

so why 1080P? would it better do 1080P one? and if i see your follower, they will to seed after they done the download, and at least i'll seed it for a month with 10mb upload speed

• Haru says:

Mostly because I always watch in 720p resolution. So, I choose 720p over 1080p.

• Ego Ego says:

Would be nice if you consider release 1080p only for Ecchi shows though…
    Seeing these nipples in HQ is always good 😛

• Nipples are Fine but i wish the Brrips would get rid of that light bar everytime they try to show a P***y. They show boobs but not P***y. Unfair. It's fine to censored it on Tv but that is why there is a little box in the corner of all dvd's and Blu-rays with a Rating on it M for Mature & A for Adult content. Ecchi is Rated M here in the US and I can't remember what they Rate there's with in Japan on dvd and Blu-ray. It differs from our Rating system. most are fall in the M category Just like video games. Can't buy a M rated game without parent approval from any store that sells games.

• Haru says:

Nice joking @Ego Ego (¬‿¬) and there is always hentai you know @mjbartlett, but blu-ray or not anime BD's will never show P***y.

• @ Haru – well one can only wish but that is my opinion. Censored Tv is Good so little kids don't see that kind of Adult Content but Censoring Dvd's or Blu-ray's is Just Fudging Retarded.

• Haru says:

@mjbartlett, somehow I agree with you on this matter.

• Ego Ego says:

Also any chance you can add anonymous way to commit and change the front back to something that none native English speakers could read?

• Guest777 says:

I'm kind of sad with no more 1080p. My suggestion is to do just one version of a series by choose the closest resolution to native resolution of the series. Like most of TV are 720p and most of BD are 1080p.

• Haru Already said they where not going to change there mind on NO 1080p. A NO is Still A NO No Matter how Many Times People Keep asking it's just annoying now. Stop Asking for 1080p Please.

• Haru says:

As mjbartlett said "A No is a NO", but your suggestion isn't half either. In fact I too was thinking of something like that, but I choose 720p over 1080p because I mostly (always) watch in 720p resolution. And just so you know "No more 1080p release" doesn't mean I'm not gonna release 1080p ever again. It's just I'm shortage on man power, but when and if I get more man power to work with. I'll start releasing 1080p once again.

• A lot of us really appreciate all the hard work that goes in to this, sometimes thankless, job. Thanks a lot.

• Andy H says:

Hi Haru,

First, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for your work here! Whilst I am going to miss the 1080p releases, it's not like 720p isn't any good 🙂

I'd be happy to help in any way I can – sadly my Japanese skills are poor, but I'd be happy to try and help with other things. I also have the use of a seedbox with unmetered bandwidth – I have room on there to seed your releases for a while.

Oh, and I had no idea English wasn't your first language 🙂 You sound very natural.

• Haru says:

You're mostly welcome. And, I'd really appreciate your help if you could help seed the torrents. And, yeah, I'm not a native English speaker. ^.^

• Andy H says:

Ok, for a start I've got all of the torrents on the first "page" on the seedbox and I'll leave them there for as long as I can. I'll add new releases as soon as I see them posted here 🙂

• Haru says:

Well, if you are willing to seed my torrents, then why don't you join my team as a seedbox provider. It would help me in a lot of other ways too. And if you would also like to be a QCer or something of that sort, then you are more then welcome. So what do you say? ^.^

• Andy H says:

That sounds good to me – I'd be happy to help 🙂 I've worked as an editor for another fansub group in the past, so have had a little experience – I don't always have loads of spare time due to work, but I'm sure I can help 🙂

• Haru says:

Yeah, I would happily welcome you. Join the IRC channel, where we could farther talk about it.

• Anthony says:

I would definitely love to help if you need it! I can't translate anything but I think I am fairly tech literate and can help with encoding and things of that nature. Also I will be getting Gigabit (fiber) internet that has equal upload and download so I can definitely help with seeding when needed!

• Haru says:

Yeah, I would appreciate your help too. And as I asked @Andy H. I would also like to ask you too, If you would like to join my team in any positions you feel comfortable with. ^.^

• Anthony says:

How would I do that(IRC?)? Please feel free to contact me on my email and let me know what I can do to help! It should be on my blogger info.

• Haru says:

Yeah, join the IRC channel where we could farther talk about it. And also I will be contacting on your email, too. On the email message, explain the position you are applying for, okay?